Next, the main milestones of Virtual Cable and UDS Enterprise during 2021 are summarized:
Versions and editions of our software
- UDS Enterprise 3.5. As the culmination of the year 2021, we launched the Release Candidade of the next version of UDS Enterprise, which is available for our entire user community to test. The main improvements introduced come from requests received on their part, among which the support of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Nutanix Prism Central, remote access to macOS with NoMachine and the native integration of Wake on LAN stand out.
- UDS DaaS Edition. The UDS edition that allows ISPs to offer UDS Enterprise with a desktop-as-a-service model grows as the adoption of this technology in the market does. A booming solution that many organizations adopt as a workplace access solution, and also as a complement to their on-premise deployments, to carry out overflows in the cloud without the need to expand their infrastructure.
- UDS Trusted Support. Last year our software gained ground among small and medium-sized businesses, thanks in part to this edition specially designed for them. Our Gold Partners are responsible for commercializing this type of subscriptions, which facilitate the adoption of desktop virtualization technology to companies with less than 100 users.
Virtual Cable 10th anniversary
- 10 years revolutionizing the future. 2021, a decade has passed since the constitution of Virtual Cable. Ten years in which we have worked hard to democratize the adoption of VDI technology and in which we have achieved that our UDS Enterprise software is now used by millions of users on five continents.
- Renewal of the corporate image. To celebrate the tenth anniversary, we decided to renew our brand image, betting on a more dynamic and technological image under the umbrella of a new slogan that defines our work: #WemakeVDIhappen.
- We joined the @aslan Association. Coinciding with our tenth birthday, we have become the first VDI software development company to be part of this group.
National and international expansion
- During the year 2021, UDS Enterprise conquered new sectors and markets. This growth is reflected in our Case Studies. In them, our clients explain how they have solved their IT challenges with our software. In 2021, fifteen of our new clients from countries such as the United States, Canada, Portugal and, of course, Spain, collaborated with us to make their experience known.
Recognitions and awards
- IDC Awards. Three projects with UDS Enterprise reached the final of these prestigious awards in the category of Best technology implementation project of the third platform. Our clients recognized in these awards were the General University Hospital Los Arcos del Mar Menor, Amavir, and the University of Cantabria.
- @asLAN Awards. The VDI project of the University of Cantabria with UDS Enterprise and the remote working project at Los Arcos del Mar Menor University General Hospital also reached the final of the popular ASLAN Awards for Digital Transformation in Public Administrations.
- CIEGE Certificate. In 2021, for the third consecutive year, we obtained the Informa-elEconomista Certificate for Excellent Management (CIEGE). Virtual Cable is the only software developer to have repeatedly earned this outstanding seal.
- CNIS Awards. The VDI project of the University of Salamanca, that relied on UDS Enterprise technology to implement remote working and distance learning, became finalist for the CNIS 2021 Awards for Best Remote Working Experience in the COVID Period.
UDS Enterprise acquires relevance in well-konwn IT events and publications
- IDC Predictions Futurescape 2021. The head of the VDI project with UDS Enterprise at Los Arcos del Mar Menor University General Hospital, Gaspar Rico Falcó, shared his experience with our software at a round table on the future of the Cloud.
- ASLAN 2021. During this event, our technological partner Praim disseminated the benefits of integrating the UDS Client into Praim Agile software, natively incorporated in all its devices. Experts from both companies produced a comprehensive white paper to help IT organizations solve their technology challenges.
- RedIRIS – TECNIRIS video session. The Provincial Council of Badajoz explained the details of its remote working project with UDS Enterprise and Raspberry Pi in this session for the academic-scientific community.
- OpenExpo Virtual Experience. Virtual Cable was a media partner of the last edition of this leading business event in technological innovation, digital transformation and Open Source.
- ITSF Club 2021 in Rusia. Our partner ICL Services presented its UDS Enterprise-based desktop virtualization solution at this important event held in Kazan.
- @aslan round table. The Badajoz Provincial Council was invited to talk about its project with UDS Enterprise in a round table on “Secure and flexible access to the workplace”. – VDI with UDS Enterprise in Mondragon Unibertsitatea, one of the best case studies. MuyComputerPro selected our case study with Nutanix at this university as one of the 20 best digital transformation processes of 2021.
Unconditional support to our Partner Channel
- Bet on our Gold Partners. At Virtual Cable we believe that excellence in the provision of services related to UDS Enterprise is vital for our clients to be as satisfied as possible. For this reason, in 2021 we continued our bet on promoting our channel of Gold Partners, which are distinguished by having high technical and commercial knowledge of our software. Last year, eight companies specialized in IT decided to commit to the maximum in the distribution of our software, reaching the highest category of partnership.
- Continued growth. The list of our Silver Partners also expanded during 2021. Five new companies decided to add our remote access, application and desktop virtualization software to their portfolio of solutions. Among them, there are already some interested in upgrading to Gold Partners, since they have verified the important benefits that the commercialization of UDS Enterprise brings them and they want to improve their conditions as resellers and provide a better service to their clients.
New technology alliances and certifications
- Glyptodon. As the first result of this technological alliance, the teams of both companies developed an extension that integrates UDS Enterprise directly with Glyptodon Enterprise.
- Praim. Virtual Cable signed an alliance with this Italian manufacturer of thin clients and endpoint management software. As a result of this collaboration, Praim Agile software integrates UDS Enterprise.
- NoMachine. This new technological alliance promoted the incorporation of support for NoMachine NX technology in UDS Enterprise.
- IGEL. This new technological alliance lays the foundations for the collaboration between this company and Virtual Cable. As a first step, UDS Enterprise obtained the IGEL Ready certification in the Cloud Workspaces / VDI category. Therefore, its compatibility with any IGEL device and the IGEL operating system for VDI is guaranteed.
- Partner Ready Certification for VMware Cloud on AWS. Last year we earned this important distinction for the first time, confirming that our software is compatible with specific versions and configurations of VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services.
- Partner Ready Certification for vSphere. In 2021 we re-validated our solution with the VMware hypervisor. This seal certifies the perfect interoperability of UDS Enterprise with vSphere 7.
- Citrix Ready Certification for Citrix Hypervisor 8.2. One more year we renewed the Citrix Ready certification, which verifies the compatibility of the most recent version of UDS Enterprise with the new release of Citrix Hypervisor.
- OpenNebula Ready – Mutara. UDS Enterprise is the only VDI connection broker that has obtained the OpenNebula Ready certification. As with each release, the UDS Enterprise technical team verified compatibility with the latest OpenNebula 6.0 version.
- OpenStack Compatible – Xena. The OpenStack Compatible certification has also been accompanying our software for years. Last year, the UDS Enterprise team confirmed the perfect interoperability of our VDI broker with Xena, the latest release of OpenStack.
Support to the Education sector
- UDS Enterprise for Italian students. In order to facilitate the learning of students from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Virtual Cable reached an agreement with the IT team of this university, a UDS Enterprise client, to translate the software into their mother tongue.
- Virtualized IT Classroom. Our Gold Partner Velorcios Group created its Virtualized IT Classroom with UDS Enterprise as the cornerstone. A VDI platform in the cloud that allows classes to be taught remotely.
- Agreement with Europa High School. Virtual Cable signed an agreement with Europa High School at Rivas Vaciamadrid for students from this educational center to carry out their training practices in this company.
- 500,000 students start the academic year using UDS Enterprise. Our technology for virtual desktops, virtualized applications and remote access has become an indispensable tool for many educational centers. Since the beginning of this 2021-2022 academic year, more than half a million students are using it for their lessons.
After a year in which, as you can see, we have had a lot of activity, we have started 2022 very strongly. The goal of the entire Virtual Cable team is to continue spreading the word about the benefits of desktop virtualization technology in order to help more organizations tackle their IT complexity and drive their digital transformation.
For more information about our UDS Enterprise, you can contact our team through [email protected]